The NEW tenina.com is coming soon. Learn More. Click Here.
I know you all have in the deep recesses of either your mind or your kitchen shelf, a recipe that you would love to be making in your Thermomix…am I right? But for one reason or another, you have never attempted it; Too hard to convert, not sure how to convert, it might not taste the same….you think maybe it cannot be done in the Thermomix….the list of reasons is endless. I personally have a couple of laden bookshelves with recipe books all dying for a ‘quickie’…you know, the Thermomix method to be applied to them. (I am a tad busy with other stuff….but still!)
My mother has provided me with a veritable library of individually typed recipes from her collection over the years and I truly want to get those onto here…and I know you (dear reader) have a few as well. SO: in case you have been missing the chat over on Facebook I am planning a Recipe Conversion service…on here with some Facebook commenting on the Discussion board.
The requirements are;
- The recipe must already work…as in, taste good, be accurate in its recipe-ness as written at present.
- The recipe must be one you have cooked yourself before with or without the help of Thermie.
- The recipe must not include weird and wonderful ingredients from the southern most slopes of Lapland or something. In other words, achievable by the majority…
- You must provide me with a scanned or print version original of the recipe via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), your name, your city and it would be nice to have a little story to go with your recipe if you have one.
- No judgements will be passed, intentionally or unintentionally, regarding ingredients of original recipe, though some changes may take place to keep Thermomix philosophy of healthy food from a good source, from scratch etc.
- I in return promise to uphold the laws of Thermomix recipe-ness and will endeavour to provide a timely result…I will post selected recipes onto here, and hopefully you will go and rave like lunatics over on Facebook about the wonderful, incredible, amazing, awe inspiring service that I have provided….and then tell your Thermomixer friends…who in turn may wish to put a recipe in for conversion.SO…are we all good with that? (Comment form below!!)As a precurser to this I have converted one of my mum’s many recipes, after all, it is she who inspired me throughout my childhood with food and creativity both. I am in her debt…love you mum!
Tenina’s Thermomix Conversion (or TTC from here on in!)
1 potato, peeled and cubed (approx 260g uncooked)
100g wheat grain
1 tbsp sugar
320g SR flour
Pinch sea salt
110g milk + a little extra for brushing
Place potato into simmering basket and pour water over. Cook for 20 min/100ºC/speed 3. Remove simmering basket and cool potato.
Preheat oven to baking setting 200ºC and line a flat baking tray with paper.
Place wheat into clean and dry Thermomix bowl and mill for 1 min/speed 10. Set aside.
Place butter and sugar into Thermomix bowl and blend for a 5 sec/speed 5.
Add remaining ingredients except including cooled potato and mix for 6 sec/speed 6.
Knead for 30 sec/Interval.
Roll dough out on well floured Silpat mat and cut into rounds using floured MC. Brush with milk, and bake for 15 minutes until golden. This is quite a sticky dough, but try to manage it without adding extra flour as this means a beautiful fluffy scone as the end result. (And don’t we all want fluffy in our scone??)
Hot with the obligatory butter, lemon curd, jam, whipped cream or mascarpone…need I go on? Then go to the gym for penance!