Buttermilk Chicken Burgers
We have a new fave burger in town and this is it! You may have noticed that Buttermilk Chicken burgers are showing up everywhere on restaurant menus, and with good reason it seems. Occasionally they are on top of waffles for breakfast, (how very Tenina's American!!) They are delish. We have made these several times over the summer and the leftovers are amazing as a straight up chicken salad. (SO go ahead and make the entire amount, you won't be sorry!)
Buttermilk soaking is a bit of a miracle worker. It softens the protein strands and you will find the chicken incredibly tender and flavoursome. You should try it with other proteins! Especially if you are making your own butter anytime. Keep that first press of buttermilk for this recipe. Enjoy!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons dried Italian herb mix
- 1 Teaspoon Celery Salt Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard powder
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1.5 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon ground white pepper
- 2 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 300 Milliliters buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Kilos chicken breast or thigh fillets. You can cut these into smaller pieces to fit your buns before soaking.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- Grilled Pineapple Slaw Recipe
- 1 Batch Pretzel Burger Buns ready to go Recipe
- Chipotle Mayonnaise as needed Recipe
- Swiss cheese slices if desired
Place salt and all herbs and spices into the Thermomix bowl and mill 4 sec/speed 5.
Toss in a bowl with the panko crumbs. Set aside.
Combine the buttermilk and egg in a large bowl and whisk together. Soak the chicken pieces in this mixture for at least 20 minutes or longer.
Remove chicken from the buttermilk and let excess moisture drip off. Toss each piece of chicken in the spice mixture, coating generously on both sides. Shake off excess coating and then lay each piece on a baking rack for 20-30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a large baking tray with paper. Lay the chicken on prepared tray, it is better not to be touching for more crispiness!
Place the tray into the oven and cook for at least 30 minutes or until the coating is crispy and golden brown.
This chicken is equally good when stone cold the next day.
Serve with Pretzel burger buns, cheese slices, coleslaw and Chipotle Mayo.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!