Cauliflower Chickpea TacosMake on Drop
When my kids were younger in a bid to save money we did defer to Meatless Monday, without it even being a thing. I was so on trend before the trend! hahahaha. This is perfect for any meatless night you choose. It will feed the carnivores as much as the vegetarians and it is only a step away from making it completely vegan! (Remove the cheese and use Vegan Aioli...done!)
I hope you try it. You can feel good about saving the planet as well as improving your plant based meal count! #Foodpositivity strikes again!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 1 Batch Cornmeal Soft Taco Shells premade Recipe
- 1 400g Tin Chick Peas drained
- 40 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 4 Garlic Cloves not peeled
- 1 Red Chillie(s)
- 1 Limes zest finely grated and juice
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Capsicum/Pepper red
- 1 Batch Paprika Aioli Recipe
- 150 Grams Danish Feta
- 1 Avocado smashed with salt pepper and lime juice
- 1 Red Chillie(s) sliced, for garnish
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander leaves
Premake the soft taco shells. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Drain and rinse chickpeas. Tip out onto paper towel to dry. Place dry chickpeas in a bowl and add EVOO, salt, pepper, cumin and coriander. Stir to combine then tip out onto baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until dried out and crispy. Stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Place cauliflower and garlic on a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Drizzle with EVOO and roast for 30 minutes or until cooked. When cool, squeeze out the soft garlic from the cloves and add to the cauliflower.
Place the chilli, lime zest, onion, carrot and capsicum into the Thermomix bowl, chop 2 sec/speed 5. Add the lime juice, cauliflower and garlic. Combine 3 sec/speed 4.
To assemble, spread the paprika aioli on a taco, top with cauliflower mixture, chickpeas, feta, avocado, chilli and coriander.