I am trying to include more pulses in our diet; They are cheap, easy to cook if you think about it in advance and so good for you!
This salad happened on Mother’s Day, the day that I should not have been cooking, but any hoo, if I wanted to eat something yummola, it was always going to be up to me! SO, cued the BBQ, and husband…made salads, and this was just one of them…all good, well received. Thinking I would add a little char grilled chilli next time, so go ahead and give it a burl with or without the chilli….(How hot are you??)
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 150 Grams Chick Peas dried
- Water for soaking and steaming
- 1 Handful coriander leaves and roots
- 1 chilli, small and deseeded
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 100 Grams baby spinach leaves
- 3 Avocado peeled and cubed
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 2 Teaspoons Pink Salt Flakes Pink salt flakes BUY
- 3 limes, juice or to taste
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO as desired BUY
Soak chick peas overnight. Drain and place into steam basket. Insert into Thermomix bowl, cover with water to 1L mark and cook 45 min/100ºC/speed 3. Drain and cool.
To make salad, place coriander and chilli into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Toss with all ingredients, including chick peas and allow flavours to marinate for 30 minutes before serving.
The timing for cooking chick peas can vary based on how long you have had them in your pantry. They can easily be replaced with tinned chick peas.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load