I love curry…you may have noticed…I love spicy food; you may have noticed. I love chicken dishes; you may have noticed. So combine them all and I am in hog heaven…well…you know what I mean. Fragrant and amazing, don’t stop here, try this mixture with lamb, beef or (shhhh, dare I say it?) pork…It’s not too often you hear of a Pork Vindaloo but I am taking a stand and saying, go ahead…pork it up! But chicken works just fine…more than ‘just' actually! Yum.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 Teaspoon sweet paprika
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) Fini EVOO BUY
- 150 Grams brown onion, cut into pieces
- 20 Grams fresh ginger, peeled
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 500 Grams tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 20 Grams red wine vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 900 Grams Chicken thigh fillet, cut into large pieces
- Steamed rice to serve
Place all dry spices into Thermomix bowl and heat for 5 min/Varoma/speed 2. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil, onion, ginger and garlic and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add tomatoes and vinegar and cook 10 min/100ºC/speed 2.
Add salt and chicken and cook further 10 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed 1.
Serve with fresh coriander, sliced chillies and chopped cucumber and tomato. A little dollop of plain yoghurt is nice with this too…and the obligatory steamed rice or quinoa.