You knew this had to come right? If there is Crio Bru Gelato, and Crio Bru Pavlova then clearly there needed to be Crio Bru Truffles…it was only a matter of time. They are easy enough, but chill the mixture in a flat tray for easier handling…and chill the whole mix inbetween if it gets too hard to work with. Either that, or just eat it out of the tray….skip that pesky rolling it into truffle stage; and go straight to the eating stage!
- 200 g cream
- 50 g Crio Bru Cavalla Crio Bru granules BUY
- 40 g Coconut - Sugar coconut palm sugar or other sugar of choice BUY
- 200 g Margaret River Origin Chocolate (I used Papua New Guinea, Trinitario beans 64%!) or other good quality chocolate of choice)
- Pinch Pink Salt Flakes Pink salt flakes BUY
- 1 tsp Vanilla - Bean Paste Heilala vanilla bean paste BUY
- Bits and pieces for rolling; chopped nuts, extra Crio Bru, and cocoa
Place cream, Crio Bru and sugar into Thermo bowl and infuse 10 min/80ºC/speed 2. Allow to cool and infuse for around 10 minutes.
Add chocolate, salt and vanilla and reheat 5 min/80ºC/speed 2. Whip 30 sec/speed 3. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat if necessary. Spread into a flat tray and chill for several hours. Press a piece of plastic wrap or baking paper down onto the surface of the chocolate to prevent a skin forming.
Use a small ice cream scoop or a melon baller to form small round truffles. Roll in bits of choice. Add an old chocolate box and you’re on your way to the wonderful Crio gift your family are all waiting for!