Crispy Skinned Chicken with Moroccan Carrot Puree
I am in love with my Stasher Bag. There. I’ve said it. (Sorry Mr. H.) They are so great to use for so many things, and I am enjoying playing around with all the ideas you can imagine at the moment...it may wear off, but I doubt it!
In case you are wondering, yes I do mean 100°C not Varoma temperature (when you get around to cooking this!!) and yes you can adopt this idea for so many other things...don’t be shy, let your imagination run wild. Enjoy...
PS. You may need 2 Stasher Bags, just saying.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 70 Grams Harissa Paste Recipe
- 50 Grams fresh orange juice
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in pieces
- 30 + 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 500 Grams carrots, cut in pieces
- 150 Grams fresh orange juice
- 150 Grams liquid chicken stock
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground allspice
- generous Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 piece Chicken breast fillet, skin on per person
- 1 Batch Fragrant Moroccan Couscous to serve Recipe
- Handfuls pitted Kalamata olives to serve
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the angle to serve
- Handfuls fresh mint, finely chopped to serve
- 1 lemon, zest only, finely grated to serve
TO make the marinade, place all ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blend 8 sec/speed 8.
Pour into the Stasher Bag and add the chicken. Depending on how big your chicken fillets are, you should get 3 to 4 in one Stasher Bag. Potentially you can do this whole recipe across two Stasher Bags, just divide the marinade accordingly.
Allow the chicken to marinate for several hours in the fridge.
When you are ready to cook the chicken, place the entire Stasher bag and contents into the Varoma dish.
Place onion and EVOO into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add the carrots and chop 5 sec/speed 8. Add the stock and orange juice.
Set the Varoma into position over the carrot puree mixture.
Cook 15 min/100°C/speed 1. Remove the Varoma.
Add spices and salt and puree 1 min/speed 10. Store in insulated serving bowl until ready to serve.
Meanwhile preheat your oven grill to at least 250°C or higher if possible.
Remove chicken from the Stasher bag and transfer to a baking dish. Place under the grill until skin is charred and crispy.
Serve with all accompaniements as explained in the video.
You have time to make the Fragrant Moroccan Couscous while the chicken is grilling.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!