I am partial to a fluffy soft dinner roll on any occasion! I think it started with my American Thanksgiving experiences. Dinner rolls were pretty much required. Of course, they probably came from Costco, but as I do have this amazing buttermilk bread recipe that makes the best rolls and bread out there, the six options were just a cute idea to get you baking something a bit special for Christmas. But don't stop there. Anytime a dinner roll is required...these are your go to.
Pin them now!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 30 Grams Bakers or Strong Flour BUY
- 30 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 120 Grams buttermilk
- 2 Teaspoons dried yeast
- 350 Grams Bakers or Strong Flour BUY
- 210 Grams buttermilk
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 25 Grams Butter Plus an extra 2 tablespoons of melted butter to brush the buns with BUY
#1 Shallot and Cheddar
- 1/2 small shallot, chopped finely
- 30 Grams Mature Cheddar Cheese grated, save half for the top
#2 Thyme and Olive
- 2 springs of fresh thyme leaves. Save some for the top
- 30 Grams black olives, pitted and chopped
- 10 Grams panko breadcrumbs, for the top
#3 Garlic and Dill
- 1 Garlic Cloves chopped finely
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped, saving some for on top
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
#4 Bagel Buns
- 20 Grams sunflower seeds
- a pinch of each; sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion flakes, dried garlic flakes, fennel seeds and salt mixed together in a small bowl.
#5 Rosemary and Black Pepper
- 2 sprigs or rosemary, leaves
- ground black and pink pepper
#6 White Dinner Rolls
- no additions, but top with seeds if desired
Place roux ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and cook 3 min/80°C/speed 3. Cool slightly. Leave in the Thermomix bowl.
Add all dough ingredients, in the order listed and mix 10 sec/speed 6. Knead 4 min/Interval. Scrape out onto floured silpat mat and wrap up. Prove until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Divide dough into 6 balls (if you're making all 6 ways) using extra flour as needed. Flatten each ball and add additions as below;
Shallot and Cheddar; Place shallot and half the cheddar onto the dough. Knead by hand until combined. Roll into 4 balls, brush with melted butter and press each into the remaining cheese.
Thyme and Olive; Place thyme and olives onto the dough. Knead by hand until combined. Roll into 4 balls, brush with melted butter and press into panko crumbs.
Garlic and Dill; Place garlic, dill and fennel seeds onto the dough. Knead by hand until combined. Roll into 4 balls, brush with melted butter and top with fresh dill.
Bagel Buns; Place sunflower seeds onto the dough. Knead by hand until combined. Roll into 4 balls, brush with melted butter. Press into the seeds mixture.
Rosemary and Pepper; Place rosemary and pepper onto the dough. Knead by hand until combined. Roll into 4 balls, brush with melted butter. Coarsely grind both peppers on top.
White Dinner Rolls; Knead dough into 4 balls, brush with melted butter. Top with seeds if desired.
Place buns onto the oven tray, grouped in flavours. Cover gently and prove until doubled.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Serve warm, with MORE butter.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load