Well you can't have a good green curry without a good green curry paste. This is a goodie. If I say so myself. I love it and it does keep for ages in the fridge. So make your paste, pull out half and store in the fridge, make your curry and then surprise surprise, in a week or two you can have another curry night! Magic.
TIP: If you are about to make the green curry, don't wash the bowl, just start with a dirty green curry paste bowl!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 large green chillies
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 Grams galangal, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, stalks removed
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only
- Handfuls coriander leaves and roots
- 20 Grams shrimp paste
- 40 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) plus some more BUY
- 40 Grams Coconut Sugar
- 3 spring onions
- 2 handfuls kale, stalks removed
Dry toast the seeds in a frying pan until fragrant. Cool slightly before placing into Thermomix bowl. Mill 10 sec/speed 8.
Add all remaining ingredients and blend 20 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat. Add EVOO as required until you have a smooth paste.
Store in airtight jar in the fridge.