Grilled Steak Salad with AvocadoMake on Drop
I love summertime. I always have. There is something so easy about it. Less washing. Less food, eating outside around the pool or at the beach. Simplicity in the food.
This is such a dish. It may look daunting given it's 3 sections, but in all honesty, it is so easy. Premake the dressing, cart the veggies separately down to the beach, fry up the steak...(that means grill if you are American BTW, thus the title) and you are done. The entire family can tuck in. It is wonderful.
OH, and in case you hadn't noticed...we are doing a low calorie series called Brite N Easy. Just to give those nasty packaged meals a run for their money. Get your New You on! Book out soon!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 4 Pieces Porterhouse steak (approx 800g total)
- 40 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and extra for frying BUY
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Handful Basil chopped roughly
- 1 Red Onion halved and sliced
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) for frying BUY
- 1 Punnet Heirloom cherry tomatoes (coloured and halved)
- 1 Capsicum/Pepper red, diced
- 1 small Cucumber diced
- 300 Grams Salad leaves
- 2 Avocado sliced
- 50 Grams Almonds slivered and toasted until golden BUY
- 1 Bunch Basil fresh
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard Recipe
- 80 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Black Pepper
Marinate the steaks with the EVOO, chopped garlic and basil for at least 2 hours. Turn them occasionally to be well coated.
Fry the steaks over a high heat until nicely charred and browned on both sides. Set aside and cover to rest.
Fry the onion in the same pan with a drizzle more EVOO until cooked. Set aside.
Prepare the salad by dicing the veggies as instructed. Place them into a bowl.
To make the dressing, place all dressing ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 10. Toss a few tablespoons of the dressing through the prepped veggies.
Place salad leaves, dressed chopped veggies, cooked onions onto a platter.
Slice the steaks and arrange on top. Do the same with the avocado and then garnish with the basil leaves and toasted almonds
Drizzle the remaining dressing all over your salad. Serve!