Heirloom Tomato SaladMake on Drop
I love salads, and with imminent summer peeking in my window earlier and earlier each morning, I am really, truly, trying to eat more of them and less of the decadent stuff that seems to make its way with more frequency onto this blog…so if you likee, make sure you LIKEE it on Facebook and maybe I will get my ducks in a row and put more of the same same up….Enjoy…bring on the summer salad days!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Bunch Kale stalks removed
- 300 Grams heirloom tomato mix, or mini tomatoes of choice
- 20 Grams Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- 1 Handful italian parsley
- thyme flowers or other edible blooms
- 60 Grams pine nuts, toasted
- 100 Grams fresh mozzarella or burrata, torn into pieces
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons caperberries or to taste
Preheat oven to 160ºC.
Line a baking tray with paper.
Slice tomatoes in halves, laying directly onto the tray. Drizzle with Maple Syrup, salt, lemon zest and some EVOO. Turn oven down to 150ºC and roast tomatoes until caramelised and sticky. Cool. Approximately 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, place kale into Thermomix bowl with the lemon juice and chop in batches to desired texture 3-4 sec/speed 5 for kale as it is wiry.
Arrange on a platter or divide between plates.
Finish with parsley, thyme flowers, pine nuts, mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, and capers. Drizzle all with roasting juices from tomatoes and additional EVOO to taste.
Eat immediately….or at your leisure…aaah, summer is on it’s way!