Lamb Shank Coconut CurryMake on Fresco
I love to put dinner on in the mornings. Especially in winter. This is such a dish. I do love my slow cooker almost as much as my Thermomix at this time of year. It is so comforting to have the fragrance of something amazing developing throughout the day as you get on with your business!!
If you haven't been introduced to the miracle of slow cooking, then maybe this will get you there. Back in the day, (not sure whose day, but back in THE day) lamb shanks were peasants food and therefore cheap. Not so much anymore, but still this does go a long way. I suggest one shank per serving, but I could not eat a whole one, so it's pretty personal I guess.
Use rice or rice noodles to accompany...I personally prefer noodles with this one. Enjoy.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Are you on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest? Never miss another thing in the test kitchen when you follow us.
Please join our mailing list HERE to have recipe updates delivered to your inbox weekly and don't forget we are on YouTube.
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 1 lamb shank per serving (They need to all fit into your slow cooker, so be warned!)
- 2 Tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons pink salt flakes BUY
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 red onions, peeled and halved
- 5 cm Pieces fresh ginger root
- 3 Tablespoons shrimp paste
- 2 red chilli (de-seed them if you don't like it too hot.)
- 3-4 Tablespoons ground turmeric plus more to taste
- 50 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 300 Grams red lentils, rinsed
- 700 Grams liquid stock of choice (veggie, chicken or beef, lamb if you can get it!)
- 1 Tablespoon Umami Paste (optional) Recipe
- 2 x 400 Milliliters coconut cream Recipe
- pink salt flakes to taste BUY
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 small cabbage, shredded finely
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- Handfuls fresh coriander leaves
- 3 limes to serve
Dust each lamb shank with turmeric and salt and set aside.
Place all of the curry paste ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl and lid and repeat.
Place the lamb shanks into a sealable bag with the curry paste and refrigerate overnight.
The day you plan on eating the dish, place the marinated lamb shanks with all of the curry paste into the slow cooker and turn it onto the lowest setting.
Add all of the curry sauce ingredients to the slow cooker turning the lamb shanks so that they are well covered by everything. Cook until tender, but not falling off the bone.
Serve with all accompaniments with or without rice or noodles.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load