Truly British in nature, this amazing pickle or chutney is going to be really great on anything you can think up. Of course, the Ploughwoman's Lunch is the obvious first go to. But whatever you like chutney or pickles with, is going to go really well with this pickle.
It is a feminist chutney! We love it with cold meats, hot meats for that matter, grazing platters, cheese boards, and then there are things like Lazy Sourdough Loaf, Crusty Rye Bread, with slatherings of butter. Or Tuna Melts or other cheese toasties. Use it liberally and often. There is a lot of it.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Are you on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest? Never miss another thing in the test kitchen when you follow us.
Please join our mailing list HERE to have recipe updates delivered to your inbox weekly and don't forget we are on YouTube.
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 500 Grams red onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large apple including peel and core, roughly chopped
- 180 Grams carrots, roughly chopped
- 100 Grams dates dried, pitted
- 500 Grams cauliflower florets
- 3 Pinches pink salt flakes BUY
- 1 Teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon peppercorns
- 70 Grams Worcestershire Sauce Recipe
- 400 Grams Apple Cider Vinegar (you could use your homemade vinegar, but it takes so long...not sure I can do it!)
- 250 Grams dark muscovado sugar
- 3 bay leaf fresh or dried
Place onion, garlic, apple, carrots and dates into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6.
Add all remaining ingredients and cook 60 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed 1 with the Varoma dish on top to prevent spatter.
Meanwhile, sterlise jars.
Cook a further 30 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1 with the Varoma dish on top to prevent spatter.
While still hot, decant into sterilised hot jars and seal. Allow to come to room temperature before refrigerating.
This recipe can be seen if you sign up for the related course. Join the course to get access!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load