Well this was bound to happen eventually. Thank goodness we have a baking queen in our midst. The testing took a while, but we loved the end result and so will you. Additive free, made from scratch, beautiful fluffy Swiss roll, red velvet style! Woohoo! Pin this recipe for a special occasion, literally any excuse is what we are thinking!
Merry Birthday, anniversary, Christmas rolled into one! (Get it...rolled?)
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 50 Grams raw beetroot, peeled
- 20 Grams frozen raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 110 Grams self raising flour
- 20 Grams Cocoa Powder BUY
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon Beetroot Powder
- 4 eggs
- 120 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 15 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 1 Batch Ermine Frosting Recipe
- icing sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a Swiss roll tray with baking paper.
Place beetroot, raspberries, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar into the Thermomix bowl and puree 1 min/speed 9. Scrape bowl and repeat. Set aside.
Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and beetroot powder together. Set aside.
Place eggs and sugar into the Thermomix bowl, whip 8 min/37°C/Butterfly/speed 3/MC off.
Whip 20 min/Butterfly/speed 3/MC off.
Add half of the sifted flour mix to the bowl and incorporate 6 sec/Interval.
Add EVOO and salt and remaining flour mix. Incorporate 12 sec/Interval.
Finish combining by gently folding with a spatula. Pour into lined tray and bake 8 minutes. Or until JUST cooked. If it is overcooked, you won't be able to roll it. Remove from oven and let cool in tray with a clean tea towel over it.
When cool, turn cake out onto baking paper, trim sides if they're not soft. Spread Ermine Frosting all over. Roll the cake up, using the baking paper to help.
Dust with icing sugar.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load