Spicy Thai Beef CurryMake on Fresco
Simple in the extreme; this curry is amazing. I needed more beef in my diet…lots going on right now. (Seriously, you have NO idea!) I really needed to have something hot and spicy, and well, beefy. (Just ask my husband!)
I hope you are all proud owners of the new Currying Flavour book that is available for all and sundry NOW in a store near you. We love our curries!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Are you on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest? Never miss another thing in the test kitchen when you follow us.
Please join our mailing list HERE to have recipe updates delivered to your inbox weekly and don't forget we are on YouTube.
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 2 Teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 Teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon cardamon seeds
- 1 Piece star anise
- 1 Pinch pink salt flakes BUY
- 3 large dried red chilli soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1 Handful coriander roots (keep leaves for curry)
- 1 red onion, halved
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- 1 Piece galangal (thumb sized) or young ginger
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, white part only
- A little of the water from soaking the chillies
- 1300 Grams gravy beef, cubed
- 400 Milliliters coconut cream Recipe
- 50 Grams fish sauce
- 50 Grams coconut sugar
- 50 Grams roasted and salted crushed peanuts plus some more for garnish
- Coriander leaves from paste, reserve some for garnish
- coconut cream to serve Recipe
- Lime juice to taste
To make curry powder place all ingredients except salt into a hot fry pan and dry roast for a few minutes on Induction 6 until fragrant. Cool slightly before placing into Thermomix bowl with salt and milling 20 sec/speed 10.
Add all curry paste ingredients to the Thermomix bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 6. Saute 10 min/Varoma(120ºC)/speed 2. Blend 30 sec/speed 6, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
To make curry, place all ingredients except garnishes into Thermomix bowl and cook 45 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed 1.
Serve over rice with lime wedges, coriander leaves and remaining crushed peanuts.
I mean, it’s really that simple…isn’t it?
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load