I listen to a few foodie podcasts and one of them had a Palestinian born chef discussing her street food restaurant that she is turning into an actual destination. There was discussion about flat breads, with toppings of all sorts, and this recipe is born of listening to that podcast. I got hungry, which is always good for recipe creation! So not Palestinian, but Middle Eastern in an Aussie way...you can really call it pizza if you wish. Throw anything on that Lavash. Think egg for breakfasts, avocado for a California vibe...YUM.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 100 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper freshly cracked
- 2 Tablespoons ground sumac
- 6 sprigs thyme
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as required BUY
- 4 chicken breast fillets, sliced into strips
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Continental cucumber, diced
- 4 spring onions/shallots, sliced
- 1 Handful Fresh Mint
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander
- 1 Handful Italian parsley
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 100 Grams marinated feta
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Batch Lavash flatbread ready to bake Recipe
To make the chicken, place all ingredients but the chicken and the EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Add a drizzle of EVOO to help rinse out the bowl and tip this mixture over the sliced chicken. Rub it in with your hands, cover and marinate for up to 12 hours.
To cook the chicken, use more EVOO on either a hotplate on a BBQ or a grill pan in your kitchen and sear the chicken on a high heat. Make sure it is cooked through before covering to rest.
Prepare the salad by tossing all ingredients together. I suggest chopping the herbs quite finely to get the most flavour in the salad.
Bake the Lavash in pieces as recipe directs. Top immediately with the hot chicken and loads of salad. Drizzle with more EVOO and eat immediately.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load