I love to whip up a batch of this quickly, then marinate chicken or beef before grilling … but feel free to use it in all and sundry as required in recipes of choice. Works a charm, and totally keeps in the fridge (due to the whey) for weeks -- no way? Yes whey!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 30 Grams Fresh Ginger peeled
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 40 Grams Honey
- 30 Grams Sesame oil toasted
- 40 Grams Chinese cooking wine
- 30 Grams rice wine vinegar
- 200 Grams Tamari or soy sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons liquid whey (liquid from plain yoghurt)
Place ginger and garlic into Thermomix bowl and mince 6 sec/speed 6.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add remaining ingredients. Blend 10 sec/speed 10.
Warm 2 min/37°C/speed 3.
Pour into sterilised jar and leave on the kitchen bench for 24 hours before refrigerating.
Can be used immediately, but develops more flavour over time.