White Chocolate and Cranberry Hot Cross BunsMake on Drop
I know that in Australia the minute the Christmas music has stopped playing in the stores (on the 26th December) you can practically buy a pack of hot cross buns! It's insane and quite often on my social media pages I ask for people to post a pic of the first pack they see. It gets quite comical. NOT for me those purchased excuses for delicious Hot Cross Buns...why would you buy them when you can make these? Fragrant, pillowy, begging for butter and immediate consumption. You will love this recipe. It is not as tricky as our Notella Hot Cross Buns and quicker, so you get that hit coming at you faster...these will give you just enough energy to go and make another batch. I call that perfect! Hoppy Hot Crossing!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 30 Grams Bakers or Strong Flour BUY
- 30 Grams Golden Caster Sugar BUY
- 120 Grams buttermilk or milk with a little lemon juice
- 350 Grams Bakers or Strong Flour BUY
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 20 Grams Butter BUY
- 210 Grams buttermilk or milk with a little lemon juice
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 Lemon zest only
- 5 Drops doTERRA lemon oil BUY
- 5 Drops doTERRA Wild Orange Oil BUY
- 3 Drops Cinnamon Bark Oil (ground cinnamon and extra zest can be used as a substitute) BUY
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon mixed spice
- 30 Grams Yeast-fresh or 2 teaspoons dried
- 100 Grams Craisins
- 50 Grams Chocolate white callets BUY
- 50 Grams Chocolate dark, callets BUY
- 100 Grams Bakers or Strong Flour BUY
- 100 water
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
The Spice Glaze
- 50 Grams Golden Caster Sugar BUY
- 1/2 Teaspoon mixed spice
- 70 Grams water
Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place Roux ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and cook 3 min/80/speed 3.
Add flour, salt, butter, buttermilk, zests, oils and dry spices and mix 10 sec/speed 6. Add yeast and knead 3 min/Interval.
Add craisins and chocolate and knead 1 min/Interval.
Scrape dough out onto floured silpat mat and wrap in a tight ball. Proove until doubled in size.
Divide dough into 8 x 120 g buns (or smaller if you wish to make more buns) and place on tray. Cover and rise until doubled.
Place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and mix 30 sec/speed 4. Scrape and repeat. This should be a paste consistency. If too runny add extra flour.
Place Cross mix into a piping bag with small round tip. Pipe crosses onto the buns.
Place buns into a cold oven set to 180°C and bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned . Using a cold oven provides another little rise for your dough.
Place The Spice Glaze ingredients into a small saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
When you remove the buns from the oven, brush generously with the glaze. You can keep any remaining glaze and brush it on just before reheating and serving buns.
Serve hot with lots of butter.