This works well as a side dish or serve with steamed rice as a light lunch.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1/2 Kilo asparagus, medium or thick
- 1/2 Cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari (plus 1 more tsp)
- 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 and a 1/2 Teaspoon cornflour
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
Peel asparagus and trim ends.
Cut stalks diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
In a bowl mix stock, soy sauce, sugar, and wine.
In a small cup, mix cornflour and water.
Heat oil in wok over high heat. (Induction Friendly Wok)
Add ginger and spring onion, and stir-fry for 15 seconds.
Add asparagus and stir-fry a few seconds more.
Add stock mixture and bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer over medium heat about 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
Push asparagus to side of pan. Stir cornflour mixture, stir it into simmering liquid, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Toss with asparagus.