This works well as a side dish or serve with steamed rice as a light lunch.
- 1/2 Kilo asparagus, medium or thick
- 1/2 Cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (plus 1 more tsp)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 and a 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
Peel asparagus and trim ends.
Cut stalks diagonally into 2-inch pieces.
In a bowl mix stock, soy sauce, sugar, and wine.
In a small cup, mix cornflour and water.
Heat oil in wok over high heat. (Induction Friendly Wok)
Add ginger and spring onion, and stir-fry for 15 seconds.
Add asparagus and stir-fry a few seconds more.
Add stock mixture and bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer over medium heat about 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
Push asparagus to side of pan. Stir cornflour mixture, stir it into simmering liquid, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Toss with asparagus.