Beetroot and Carrot Tart With RicottaMake on Drop
I love my vegetarian dishes...don't you? This one is super pretty and very festive so suitable for any occasion that requires you to feed both the vegetarian and non-vegetarian something hearty, filling but also elegant. This goes perfectly well with a green salad for lunch or use it for dinner and serve it up with a truck load of steamed veggies.
It is also fantastic cold the next day. But you may never find that out as it is so good hot! Enjoy!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Batch Puff Pastry Recipe
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 50 Grams Italian Provolone cheese
- 1 Garlic Cloves
- A few fresh thyme leaves plus more for garnish
- 500 Grams Fresh Ricotta Cheese (By all means buy it, but you can make it yourself!) Recipe
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 100-120 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 carrot, in thin strips (use a peeler or mandolin)
- 1 beetroot, in thin strips (use a peeler or mandolin)
- Melted butter for glaze
Preheat oven to 200ºC.
Line a baking tray with baking paper, roll out the puff into a large rectangle and place on the tray. Bake 20 minutes until puffed and lightly golden.
Place lemon zest, provolone, garlic and thyme into Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 8.
Add ricotta, egg yolks, half of the lemon juice and seasonings and mix 6 sec/speed 3.
Once the pastry has baked 20 minutes, cut a border approx 3-4cm wide around the edges and press the centre rectangle down with a spatula.
Spread the ricotta mixture over the centre pastry then top with beetroot and carrot strips. Drizzle remaining lemon juice over the veggies.
Reduce oven temp to 180°C and bake 15 minutes until the veggies have softened and the pastry is golden brown.
Brush entire tart with melted butter and garnish with fresh thyme leaves to serve.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!