Mushroom Verde SopaMake on Drop
It’s no secret that I LOVE Mexican food, authentic Mexcian. Not the dripping with melted cheese and sour cream type, but rather the fresh and vibrant, brightly coloured type. This is such a dish. Salsa Verde is so fantastic to brighten up anything you put it on, so don’t be shy, make a big batch and use it on everything savoury. It will only keep a couple of days however. The soup on the other hand will not last a couple of days. This is a very hearty vegetarian meal and in fact can be vegan if you don’t serve the Queso Fresco with it.
Either way, you will love it I am sure.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Batch Salsa Verde Recipe
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ red onion
- 20 Grams chipotle chilli in adobo sauce
- 30 Grams Umami Paste Recipe
- 50 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 250 Grams Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 150 Grams red capsicum, diced
- 100 Grams fresh corn, sliced off the cob
- 70 Grams buckwheat
- 600 Grams liquid vegetable stock
- Generous Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Crumbled feta or Queso Fresco, Baked Tortillas, fresh coriander leaves and lime wedges to garnish
Make the Salsa Verde and set aside in the fridge. (You can make this ahead of time if necessary.)
Without cleaning the bowl, place garlic, onion, chipotle chilli with adobo sauce, Umami Paste and EVOO into Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5.
Scrape down sides of bowl and lid and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add mushrooms and cook 5 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed soft.
Add remaining ingredients other than garnishes and cook 18 min/100°C/ reverse/speed soft.
Serve generous helpings, drizzled with plenty of Salsa Verde and with all of the accompaniments on the side.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!