Someone asked me for this…cannot remember who…are you out there? They were hoping to approximate those horrible noodles the kids eat I think, 'Mee Goreng' and I am not ashamed to say it, my 16 year old eats them like there is no tomorrow. It is a cheap filler for his hollow legs, and I have bowed to the pressure. We have great hoardes of them in our store room….(he is child number five and seriously hungry ALL the time!)
This is a lot healthier than Mee Goreng, and so much nicer. It could join the fake-away list I am compiling for those of you who prefer fresh healthy fast food! Enjoy!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 400 Gram noodles of choice (I used udon stick noodles)
- 1 Litre water
- 2 eschalots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 dried chillies, soaked in boiling water
- 55 Gram miso paste
- 2 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 Tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon dark brown sugar (or Billingtons molasses sugar)
- 2 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Pink Salt Flakes Sea salt to taste BUY
- Red or green cabbage
- Sprouts of choice
- Spring onions/ shallots
- Kimchi (optional)
- Sesame leaves, shredded (Perilla leaves, optional)
- 2 - 3 eggs, hard boiled
Place noodles and water into Thermomix bowl and cook 10 min/100ºC/Reverse + speed 1.
Drain noodles and plunge into cold water. Keep in insulated serving bowl in cold water until ready to assemble.
Prepare sauce by placing all ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blending 6 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Meanwhile prep all the garnishes, boiling, shredding or julienned as needed.
Stir sauce through noodles and top with all prepped garnishes before serving.