'Cheats' SourdoughMake on Drop
Just a few instructions my little bakers! It isn't hard, in fact it is dead easy. Now read carefully. I cannot wait to see what you come up with! (Post pics and #cookingwithtenina me!!)
• The very first loaf you make will have no starter. Proceed as directed without the starter.
• Keep your starter in the fridge and bring it out to warm it up every day between loaves. You simply add the starter to each loaf you make, reserve 200g of the new dough for the next loaf. You will find over time it will increase in ‘sour’ flavour and become very sticky. The more often you make bread, the better the flavour becomes. Make sure you use the starter as often as possible. It needs to be at room temperature before adding to a new dough.
• If you wish to use the starter as your rising agent, it is possible, but the rising time will be significantly longer. You will get an amazing crumb, a more sour flavour and it is well worth the time.
• Use wholegrain flours, rye is particularly good for sourness.
• Add olives, sundried tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, cheese, spinach, and so on, to your loaves as you would any other dough.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 30 Grams fresh yeast
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 300 Grams water
- Pinches salt
- 550 Grams bakers flour
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Malt (optional)
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- (200 g starter)
- 1L water for steaming
Place yeast, sugar, water and salt into the Thermomix bowl and warm 2 min/37°C/speed 2.
Add remaining ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 6.
Knead 2 min/Interval.
Turn out onto Silpat mat and punch into tight ball. Wrap tightly and allow to double. Reserve 200g dough in plastic bag and set aside. (This is your new starter.)
Punch down dough and shape into 2 loaves. Place each loaf onto a separate sheet of baking paper.
Preheat oven to 220°C and heat pizza stone if possible.
Place water into the Thermomix bowl and bring to the boil 8 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Place one loaf into steamer dish and cook 10 min/Varoma/speed 3.
Remove bread and slide onto pizza stone immediately. Bake for 8 minutes. Repeat with remaining loaf.
Over time, you will not need to add dried or fresh yeast to this recipe. Adding the reserved 'starter' each time will be enough yeast for the bread to rise to the occasion!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load