If you haven’t baked any of Gina’s recipes on here yet, you should do yourself a flavour and get this one organised and soon. Delicious. Gina is a baker and now cooking class facilitator...go find her on her facebook page The Passionate Pantry. She is very passionate and I love that. We miss you Geens. But we still have your lovely recipes! So all good.
Can’t wait for the next one!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 250 Grams Chocolate dark (50-55%), broken into pieces BUY
- 150 Grams Butter room temperature, cut into cubes
- 150 Grams light muscovado sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste vanilla bean paste BUY
- 2 large eggs
- 50 Grams white spelt flour, or plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt flakes, or ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 200 Grams pitted prunes
- 100 Grams Chocolate buttons (or chocolate cut into small pieces) BUY
- Cacao powder for dusting
Preheat oven to 180ºC fan forced, and place rack into middle of oven.
Grease and line tin (21cm square tin, or 26cm x 16cm oblong tin).
Place dark chocolate into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9.
Add butter and melt together 2 min/50ºC /speed 3.
Add sugar and mix 5 sec/speed 4.
Add vanilla bean paste and eggs and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
Add flour and salt and mix 1 min/speed 4.
Add prunes and chocolate buttons and mix 20 sec/Reverse/speed 1.
Pour mixture into tin and spread to the corners.
Bake for 25 minutes then check it is cooked by touching gently with your finger in the middle - it should still be soft, but if it is very soft bake for a further 2-3 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to rest in the baking tin until cool. Dust with cacao powder before cutting into squares.