If you haven’t baked any of Gina’s recipes on here yet, you should do yourself a flavour and get this one organised and soon. Delicious. Gina is a baker and now cooking class facilitator...go find her on her facebook page The Passionate Pantry. She is very passionate and I love that. We miss you Geens. But we still have your lovely recipes! So all good.
Can’t wait for the next one!
- 250 g dark chocolate (50-55%), broken into pieces
- 150 g butter, room temperature, cut into cubes
- 150 g light muscovado sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla - Bean Paste vanilla bean paste BUY
- 2 large eggs
- 50 g white spelt flour, or plain flour
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, or ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 200 g pitted prunes
- 100 g chocolate buttons (or chocolate cut into small pieces)
- Cacao powder for dusting
Preheat oven to 180ºC fan forced, and place rack into middle of oven.
Grease and line tin (21cm square tin, or 26cm x 16cm oblong tin).
Place dark chocolate into TM bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9.
Add butter and melt together 2 min/50ºC /speed 3.
Add sugar and mix 5 sec/speed 4.
Add vanilla bean paste and eggs and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
Add flour and salt and mix 1 min/speed 4.
Add prunes and chocolate buttons and mix 20 sec/Reverse/speed 1.
Pour mixture into tin and spread to the corners.
Bake for 25 minutes then check it is cooked by touching gently with your finger in the middle - it should still be soft, but if it is very soft bake for a further 2-3 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to rest in the baking tin until cool. Dust with cacao powder before cutting into squares.