Marjoram Pesto Pasta
You know I am a bit doterra crazy...and in fact I have been invited to present a class on cooking with the oils in the USA in mid 2018. That is a bit exciting for me, so watch this space, you may end up as the recipe testers for me! If you didn’t want to use the marjoram oil in this one, no biggie, source fresh marjoram (hopefully you are lucky enough to be growing it!!) and you’re away. I do not grow majoram. Not yet, but I do have a bottle of oil that will last me indefinitely as far as flavour goes. 4-5 drops in this entire dish and it packed an amazing flavour punch! Of course, if you wanted to switch this recipe up and add any other of the leafy herb oils, you instantly have a number of pestos ready to rock and oil!! Happy Days!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 Grams Capers
- 100 Grams kalamata olives, pitted
- Generous Handfuls Italian parsley
- 100 Grams walnut pieces, toasted
- 20 Grams red wine vinegar
- 5 Drops doTERRA Oils marjoram BUY
- 100 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- 1 punnet cherry or grap tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 head garlic, broken into cloves, unpeeled
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- Pink Salt Flakes as needed BUY
- 300 Grams oriechette pasta or other small pasta of choice, cooked in plenty of salted water
- Parmesan to taste
Place all ingredients but oils into the Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 8 stopping to scrape down as needed.
Add marjoram oil and blend 3 sec/speed 6.
Add EVOO through hole in lid as you blend on speed 4.
Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Set aside.
Cook the pasta as the packet directs. Drain.
Meanwhile flash roast the tomatoes and cloves of garlic by placing in a single layer in a baking dish. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with salt. Place into a hot oven (200°C) for 10 minutes. Leave in the oven until ready to serve.
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl, plate up and grate fresh Parmesan all over....you can also drizzle with more EVOO if desired. Garnish with Italian parsley leaves to taste.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!
More Meatless Mains
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load