Savoury Lamb Flat Bread
Look, lets not beat around the bush….this is Middle Eastern Pizza…or Gozleme, without the folded bit….amongst other things. This is designed to feed a small army….so I suggest if there is only two of you, invite the neighbours for a street party or at the very least, get the kids to bring home a few strays on the night you decide to make this recipe. (Or halve it, bread and topping can both be halved.)
Seriously, if you are not an Insider yet and you are reading this, then this recipe should be the one that makes the decision for you. YUM. Beautiful, tasty and just completely the best.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 30 Grams fresh yeast or 2 tsp dried
- 300 Grams water or whey
- 60 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 680 bakers flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 3 eggs
- 1 pomegranate, cut into pieces
- 2 brown onions, peeled and halved
- 1 leek, white part only, washed thoroughly and roughly chopped
- 40 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 500 Grams lamb mince
- 3 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 30 Grams pomegranate molasses
- Pink salt flakes and freshly ground pepper to taste
- A few poppy or nigella seeds
- 200 Grams feta, crumbled
- Handfuls parsley leaves to serve
Place yeast and water or whey into Thermomix bowl and warm 2 min/37°C/speed 1.
Add all remaining dough ingredients and blend 6 sec/speed 6. Knead 3 min/Interval.
Turn out onto well floured Silpat Mat, wrap tightly and allow to prove in warm draft free place for up to 2 hours or until doubled.
Preheat oven to 200ºC and line 2-3 baking trays with baking paper.
To make Topping: Place halved pomegranate into Thermomix bowl and deseed 2 sec/Reverse/speed 3. Remove seeds into a bowl and repeat until you have enough seeds.
Place onion, leek and EVOO into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add mince, sesame seeds, pomegranate molasses, salt and pepper into Thermomix bowl and cook 8 mins/100ºC/Butterfly/Reverse/speed 1.
To assemble: Divide and roll dough into 6-8 flat ovals. Place dough onto the baking trays and sprinkle with seeds.
Once the topping has cooked, spread onto the dough leaving a 2cm rim around the edge. Bake 15-20 mins until puffed, golden and fragrant.
To serve, top with feta, pomegranate seeds and fresh parsley.
Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!