Spicy Sesame Chinese Noodles
Oh, yum. The end. (Well not quite!)
Tell me you guys are familiar with the quickest way to satisfy a crowd ever. Oodles of noodles. And in less than five minutes-ish!
Mix up a flavour bomb in your Thermomix (natch) and then using ready to go noodles easily purchased in supermarkets everywhere, some hot water, and loads of fresh herbs, sprouts, chillies. YOU are done my friend. Make sure you put some aside for yourself if you are all generous in serving out as there will be little hands from everywhere asking for 'Please sir, may I have some more?'
This dish happens to be vegetarian (so yes, go to town with the veggies, think carrots, Chinese greens, more mushrooms, herbs galore, even tofu!) but you can add protein of choice. Just stir fry beef, chicken, seafood before adding to the glorious mess at the end.
I have made this for a cooking class a few times and we literally just added and added without any issue and fed up to 40 people. Oodles of Noodles...officially!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- Handfuls peanuts, roasted
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 40 Grams Fresh Ginger peeled
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 40 Grams Tamari or soy sauce
- 20 Grams toasted sesame oil
- 20 Grams rice wine vinegar
- 30 Grams Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (or to taste) Sriracha sauce
- Pinches Pink Salt Flakes or to taste BUY
- 600-800 Grams fresh egg noodles, prepared as per package instructions
- 1 Bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced on the angle
- Handfuls Thai basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Place roasted peanuts into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place EVOO, ginger and garlic into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add tamari, sesame oil, vinegar, Sriracha sauce, coconut sugar and salt and stir 6 sec/speed 6.
Add half of the noodles to the Thermomix bowl and stir 5 sec/Reverse/speed 1.
Tip out into a large mixing bowl and add remaining noodles, stir by hand adding spring onions and basil.
Serve at room temperature sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and chopped peanuts.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!