I have a chapter in my new book dedicated to Quinoa…this recipe is not in that chapter. Why? Because I only just thought of it. Bummer really cos it’s really delicious and would have been perfect. Lucky you….You don’t have to wait until December or some time around then to get your hands on it. December seems so far away, and yet it will be here in a heartbeat. In the meantime, make sure you stay on top of all the fun stuff I am trying to do for Thermo mixers in a generic sense. My recipes will easily cross boundaries of machine brand. SO…no matter what your machine of choice, please give these recipes a go. Hell, if you have a great food processor, a cooktop, an oven and a knife, you can make these recipes.
Thanks for all your support, purchases and general fun feedback. Hope you enjoy this one as much as we do!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 150 Gram Beans - Black dried BUY
- Water for soaking and cooking
- 2 red onions, halved
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 25 Gram Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 600 - 700 Gram diced vegetables (I used pumpkin, red capsicum, celery)
- 2 x 400 Milliliter tins of chopped or crushed tomatoes
- 80 Gram quinoa
- 50 Gram tomato paste
- 40 Gram Coconut - Sugar coconut palm sugar
- Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes to taste BUY
- 2 Chiptole chillies in Adobo sauce (tinned)
- 1 Tablespoon sauce from Chiptole Chilies in Adobo Sauce
- 1 fresh corn cut from cob
- Feta cheese, diced avocado and fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Soak black beans in enough boiling water to cover, for a couple of hours. Drain and rinse.
Place into simmering basket and insert into Thermomix bowl. Fill bowl with enough water to just cover the beans.
Cook 20 min/100ºC/speed 3. Remove beans from bowl and drain bowl.
Place onions, garlic, EVOO, coriander and cumin seeds into Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl and saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add remaining ingredients except corn, cooked black beans and garnishes.
Cook 20 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed 2. Add beans and cook 10 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed 2.
Add corn and stir through by hand, just to heat through.
Serve with steamed rice, lime wedges and garnished with feta, avocado and coriander leaves.