Could there be an easier curry? We don't think so, plus it is practically vegan (replace shrimp with miso and you're away!)
The silkiness of the eggplant when softened and combined with all the flavours is magnificent. It may be a bit of a stretch to call this Burmese, but let's go with it shall we?
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
The Curry Paste
- 3 Tablespoons Dried shrimp
- 1 Cup boiling water
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 30 Grams Fresh Ginger peeled
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 40 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 Pinch Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- 6 small eggplants, quartered lengthways then halved
- 1 Cup liquid stock (chicken, veg or fish)
- 1 Tablespoon kecap manis / sweet soy
- steamed rice to serve
To make the curry paste, soak shrimp in boiling water for 10 minutes, strain.
Place rehydrated shrimp and remaining paste ingredients into the Thermomix. Blend 20 sec/speed 8 scraping bowl as needed.
Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the curry paste for 2 minutes, until browning slightly. Add eggplants, stock and kecap manis. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes until eggplant is tender.
Serve with steamed rice.
More Meatless Mains
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load