Lentil, Bean and Halloumi SaladMake on Fresco
I am known for my desserts, but to be fair, I am pretty darned good at salads too. I just seem to know what works well together. When I was younger and at uni in the USA I used to work as the salad bar director in the on campus cafe. I loved that job and I would say that is where it all began. I fell in love with the American salads that I eat regularly every year. This is a newbie on the block, we are going for vegetarian main style here...and how good is it? Really good, if I say so myself.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 120 Grams French lentils, rinsed
- 700 Grams water for steaming
- 200 Grams grape tomatoes or baby roma, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Harissa Paste Recipe
- 1 Pinch pink salt flakes BUY
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 Handful fresh mint roughly torn
- 1 Handful Italian parsley, roughly torn
- 400 Grams tin butter beans, drained
- 250 Grams halloumi cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 Tablespoons pot set yoghurt Recipe
- 2 Teaspoons Harissa Paste Recipe
- 2 Teaspoons honey BUY
- 1/2 lemon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic
Place lentils into the simmering basket and insert into the Thermomix bowl. Fill bowl with water to the 1L mark. Cook lentils 30 min/100°C/speed 4. Drain and cool.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C and place the tomatoes and onions into a small baking dish and drizzle with EVOO, and stir through harissa and seasoning and flash roast for around 10 minutes until tomatoes are just bursting their skins. Set aside.
Fry the halloumi on both sides in a fairly hot frying pan, drizzled with more EVOO. Set aside.
Wash and pick the herbs, drain the butter beans.
Assemble all the salad on a serving platter using all the ingredients.
Make the dressing by placing all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and blending 10 sec/speed 8. Drizzle generously over the salad and serve more on the side.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!