Quinoa Stuffed Butternut Pumpkin
I have quinoa and I am not afraid to use it! Whether it be black, white or red, I am there. There is an Australian grower of quinoa now and if you can source it, you should certainly try as it is larger, plumper, and of course, we love to support our Aussie farmers. Try this on for size, it certainly proves that real men DO eat quinoa… hearty, and full of flavour.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 small or 1 large butternut pumpkin
- 1 Capsicum/Pepper red, deseeded and quartered
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- Pink Salt Flakes as needed BUY
- 1 Handful fresh oregano leaves
- 70 Grams Mixed Quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1 Litre water for steaming
- 50 Grams eschalots or shallots
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Handful Italian parsley leaves
- 100 Grams pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 100 Grams feta, crumbled
- 80 Litres Fresh Lemon Juice
- Additional chopped herbs for garnish
Preheat oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with paper.
Prepare butternut by halving and scooping out seeds. Place along with red capsicum on lined tray. Brush vegetables liberally with oil, sprinkle with salt and divide oregano leaves between pieces.
Roast in hot oven for 20 minutes or until softened. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
Meanwhile prepare the filling by placing quinoa into simmering basket, insert into Thermomix bowl and pour water over the top. Cook 18–20 min/100°C/speed 3. Remove basket from bowl and set aside. Drain water from Thermomix bowl.
Place eschalots, garlic, parsley and oil into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 4. Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add roasted capsicum, quinoa, pistachios, grape tomatoes, feta and lemon juice to Thermomix bowl and combine 9 sec/Interval.
Fill the centre of each piece of butternut with filling and drizzle with more oil.
Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
Serve garnished with additional chopped herbs of choice.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!