Roasted Parsnip and Carrot Soup with Fennel OilMake on Drop
OK, so some of you are gluten free, dairy free, vegans...this one is for you! Even though I have used liquid chicken stock in this version, you can easily switch out that for vegetable stock, or even just water with some more seasoning. It is totally creamy and delicious, largely due to the roasting and then of course good ole Thermie blending. You cannot beat a minute's whipping any day!! So I hope it ticks a few boxes for you...Souper!!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 800 Grams parsnips, (weight before prepping)
- 600 Grams carrots (weight before prepping)
- 100 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 Tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved
- 1 Litre liquid chicken stock or other stock of choice
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes or to taste BUY
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Top and peel the vegetables and chop into chunks. Toss them in the oil and fennel seeds. Roast until tender, approximately 45 minutes.
Place the onion into Thermomix bowl with a drizzle of extra EVOO and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add roasted veggies, oil and seeds to Thermomix bowl, reserving some of the oil with the seeds in it. Add liquid stock and salt and cook 8 min/100°C/speed 1.
Blend 1 min/speed 10. Serve drizzled with the reserved oil and toasted fennel seeds.