This recipe has been 'tweaked' from it's original source, Susan Vanneste from Kleenmaid Head Office back in the day. Thanks Susan! I particularly like to now add ginger wine to the marinade. It just adds that extra degree of tenderness. I also enjoy the addition of this to a salad of rocket (arugula) and Spanish onion. Serve the rice seperately on the side with just a drizzle of the dressing.
This recipe also appeared in the second Thermomix calendar I did, as a Thermomix version clearly!! The 2009 calendar.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 2 - 3 pork fillets
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil BUY
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander chopped
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Chinese black vinegar
- Dash of sesame oil
- 40 Grams Stones Ginger Wine
Black Bean Dressing
- 400 g Tins Black Bean(s) rinsed, lightly crushed
- 2 long Red Chillie(s) seeds removed, finely sliced
- 2 Teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons tamari
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- Juice 1 lime
- 60 Grams Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil BUY
Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, add pork, cover and leave for 1 hour (Or overnight).
Heat the oil in a fry pan over high heat, add the pork and brown on all sides.
Place on Varoma tray and set aside. Put approximately 600g water into the Thermomix bowl and set Varoma into position. Steam 25 min/Varoma/speed 3. Cover loosely with foil allow to rest.
To make dressing, place all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well to combine. Alternatively, place them into the Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 4.
Slice the pork and arrange on a serving platter.
Pour over the dressing and sprinkle with the spring onions and coriander before serving.
Serve with steamed rice.