Black Bean and Charred Corn Salsa
Arriba!! This is the quickest yet tastiest salsa on the planet thanks to the charring. I do love a good char. There are quite a few recipes on here where I use that as a technique. SO much more fun to add a flame in the mix. And it adds heaps of flavour without adding any ingredients. Kind of magic. So don't be afraid, get burning!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 cobs of corn, husk removed
- 1 x 400 gram Tin Black Bean(s) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red caspicum/pepper, deseeded and diced
- 4 spring onions/shallots, sliced on the angle
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) or more if needed BUY
Char the corn on the cob in an open gas flame, turning as needed. It will spit at you a little bit. When the corn is charred and smells good, remove and cool slightly before cutting the kernals from the cob.
Toss everything together in a large bowl, taste and season. Serve with anything you like! Of course this goes especially well with anything Mexican.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!