I have made this for years and my kids absolutely used to love it. When I lived in the states as a girl, this was standard offer at barbeques throughout the heady days of summer. Yep, right there next to the jello salad, (with carrot in it!) and ketchup, hot dogs, burgers and whatever else. It all got mixed in together, and could be why I developed a phobia of desserty stuff being served at the same time as mains. If I make this now, it hits the dessert table and I have to say, never lasts long. Super easy. No Thermo required...enjoy...without the sauce and mustard on the side.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 1 Pack mini marshmallows
- 1 Tin mandarin segments, drained
- 1/2 Pineapple-fresh peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut BUY
- 1 jar maraschino cherries, sliced in half (retain a few whole ones for garnish)
- 1/2 Cup Shelled Pecans roasted and chopped
Stir the sour cream and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
Add all the other ingredients, being careful not to break up the fruit too much. Cover and refrigerate.
Allow the flavours to develop over a couple of hours.
Garnish with whole maraschino cherries before serving.