WELL...finally, our lovely Gina of The Passionate Pantry, formerly of Team Tenina, has got her ducks in a row and launched her amazing blog. We just know she is going to have a huge following in no time flat, so please go and support her if you don’t already. Gina is amazing. She worked with us for about 12 months and in that time I learnt so much from her, least of not which was precision and organisation in all things. Gina was my pocket rocket at classes and she is also now running her own classes. I sorely miss her, but life goes on and she is bound for great things. In the meantime she has provided us with this beautiful recipe....
You will find a lot of Gina’s other recipes on here and she will be a regular contributor. We love that!! Thanks Gina, Happy New Blog and all the best, with lots of love from all of us...
Tenina, Sarah, Maddy and Tash.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 50 Grams olive oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or chilli flakes
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 500 Grams carrots, peeled weight, cut into chunks
- 425 Gram Tins Chick Peas drained
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 60 Grams coriander, coarsely chopped
- 100 Grams roasted pistachios
- 200 Grams crumbled feta (use half for salad, and half for topping)
Place all the dressing ingredients (only use 60g combined lemon and lime juice) into Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 10.
Set aside in a large mixing bowl. Do not wash Thermomix bowl.
Place carrots into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Check consistency and if you prefer it finer, chop for a further 1 sec/speed 5.
Place carrot into mixing bowl with dressing.
Add chick peas, dates, spring onions, coriander and pistachios to mixing bowl and stir through thoroughly.
Add half the feta and stir lightly.
Serve immediately with the extra feta, or place into fridge and use within three days.