Another of the Lakeside Joondalup Summer Series recipes. What is more summery than mango and grilled chicken? Not much. You will just love serving this all summer long. It may even make it onto your party hit list! We loved this picture so much, and I have to say, we loved the salad even more! Totally delicious…so crank the barbie, whip up the dressing and you’re practically done. ENJOY a leisurely (delicious) summer evening…
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 20 Gram peeled ginger root
- 1 lemon grass stalk, white part only
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf
- 1 red chili
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 Gram Coconut - Sugar coconut palm sugar BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes BUY
- 40 Gram fish sauce
- 100 Gram lemon/lime juice, fresh
- 60-80 Gram Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
- 1 Handful mint leaves
- 1-2 mangos
- 2-3 Tablespoon brown or coconut palm sugar, as needed
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- Handful spinach leaves or other greens of choice
- 1-2 Avocado
- 1 Handful macadamia nuts, roasted and salted
Place all dressing ingredients into food processor and blend on high speed until combined. Reserve until ready to serve.
Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Cut the cheeks from the mangoes, without peeling and sprinkle with a little bit of brown sugar. Oil the pan generously and cook each mango cheek, face down, until well caramelized. Set aside. Cook each chicken breast, until well charred and marked. Turn heat down to medium heat, cover and cook until cooked through completely. Rest chicken, covered in pan with heat turned off.
Prepare salad ingredients and place onto a serving platter. Top with all remaining ingredients including mangoes and sliced chicken and drizzle with dressing.