Sometimes you just need a yummy lunch, which is how this recipe started out. We had a few ingredients on hand, voila. Deliciousness was almost immediate. Sometimes in the test kitchen we are so busy with a specific project that we have to go and get lunch. It is automatically assumed it will be made on site, and mostly it is, but if we have nothing much in the pantry/fridge and we are full throttle into something like macarons or sourdough, there is no lunch.
On such a day as that, we produced this one. Everything was handy, we had to take a pic as why waste a perfectly good lunch after all? Perfect for sharing, vegan, great with some crusty bread and it actually got better on day two!
We know you'll love it too!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced thinly
- 1 Limes juice
- 1 eggplant, cut in half lengthways and sliced into thin half moons.
- 3 Capsicum/Pepper red, cut into strips
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Tin Chick Peas drained and rinsed
- 1 Punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Handful fresh parsley
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tin Black Bean(s) drained and rinsed
- 50 Grams Almonds slivered, to serve BUY
Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
Place the sliced onion in a small bowl and cover with lime juice. Set aside.
Arrange eggplant and capsicum slices on the prepared trays and drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are starting to blacken. Cool. Set aside in a salad bowl.
Place chickpeas on one of the trays and drizzle with a little EVOO and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Bake for 20 mins or until crunchy. Cool.
Add all remaining ingredients to the salad bowl. Including onion and lime juice. Toss to combine. Garnish with almonds.