Rawthentic Taco SaladMake on Drop
Well believe it or not, I do like the occasional healthy salad or three. I decided early this year (2014) that I would try and do a raw project, but that soon got way laid by other things, but this is one of the better recipes I concoted during that time. I really like it and whilst the pimento is not strictly ‘raw’, it is so amazing with it included, that I just couldn’t leave it out. And after all, it is barely a pinch...If healthy is what you are after, this is certainly it. If you are not really a raw foodist, don’t soak the wild rice, go ahead and cook it. Either way, I am pretty confident this will end up on regular rotation. Happy Rawthentic Mixing!
We now have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. We are adding more courses in 2022. Check us out!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 150 Grams wild rice (after soaking)
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Seed(s)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seed(s)
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Chillie(s) (deseeded if you like it milder)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 60 Grams Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil BUY
- 1-2 limes, juice only
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander , plus some more
- 200 Grams walnuts, shelled
- 1 lettuce, broken into pieces
- 1 Capsicum/Pepper red, diced
- 3 spring onions, sliced on the angle
- Handfuls kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 Punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 Avocado
- additional lime wedges to serve
Presoak the wild rice for at least 3 days. You must rinse it morning and night and leave it covered in the fridge during this process. The grain will burst open and become soft. When it has reached this stage it is ready to use.
Place seeds, pimento and salt into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add garlic, chili, sugar, EVOO, juice, coriander roots and stalks. Blend 4 sec/speed 6.
Add walnuts and chop 2 sec/speed 4.
Add soaked rice and just combine 2 sec/Interval. Set aside.
Make the salad by combining all ingredients in a large bowl.
Serve with the taco mixture either in lettuce cups or just stir it through the salad.