Well believe it or not, I do like the occasional healthy salad or three. I decided early this year (2014) that I would try and do a raw project, but that soon got way laid by other things, but this is one of the better recipes I concoted during that time. I really like it and whilst the pimento is not strictly ‘raw’, it is so amazing with it included, that I just couldn’t leave it out. And after all, it is barely a pinch...If healthy is what you are after, this is certainly it. If you are not really a raw foodist, don’t soak the wild rice, go ahead and cook it. Either way, I am pretty confident this will end up on regular rotation. Happy Rawthentic Mixing!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 150 Gram wild rice (after soaking)
- 1 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon ground pimento (sweet paprika)
- 2 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes BUY
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli (deseeded if you like it milder)
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut - Sugar coconut palm sugar BUY
- 60 Gram Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
- 1-2 limes, juice only
- 1 Handful coriander, plus some more
- 200 Gram walnuts, shelled
- 1 lettuce, broken into pieces
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), diced
- 3 spring onions, sliced on the angle
- Handful kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 Punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 Avocado
- additional lime wedges to serve
Presoak the wild rice for at least 3 days. You must rinse it morning and night and leave it covered in the fridge during this process. The grain will burst open and become soft. When it has reached this stage it is ready to use.
Place seeds, pimento and salt into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add garlic, chili, sugar, EVOO, juice, coriander roots and stalks. Blend 4 sec/speed 6.
Add walnuts and chop 2 sec/speed 4.
Add soaked rice and just combine 2 sec/Interval. Set aside.
Make the salad by combining all ingredients in a large bowl.
Serve with the taco mixture either in lettuce cups or just stir it through the salad.