Desperation strikes. Home from long O/S trip, no time (or inclination to cook), needing to blog, lest you think I have deserted you, and this is a tasty and hot little soup that is easily made in either HMP, or Thermomix. Winter is upon us in Perth it would seem; I was in NYC just over 2 weekends ago and sweating it out. Now it looks as though I will be freezing for at least another couple of months. I think I am going to be spending more time on Crio Bru in the months to come as well, so enjoy these recipes whilst they are coming at you….the end is nigh! Should you wish recipes to keep coming, you are going to have to yell louder than you have been…really!
- 2 tbsp HMP Curry Powder
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Piece ginger, peeled, thumb sized
- 1 red chilli, cut in pieces
- 1 small red capsicums, cut in pieces
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil) BUY
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp Pink Salt Flakes sea salt BUY
- 4 Cup water
- 2 Cup red lentils
- 2 sachets of tomato paste (140g)
- 1 x 400 mls tin of coconut milk
- 1 x 400 g tin of borlotti beans, drained
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Lime wedges and plain yoghurt to serve
HMP Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp cumin seed
- 2 tbsp coriander seed
- 1 tbsp mustard seed
- 1 tbsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
Place curry powder, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, capscium and EVOO into HMP and chop 8 sec/speed 5.
Sauté 5 min/120°C/speed 2.
Place all remaining ingredients into HMP except garnishes and cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1/pulse.
HMP Curry Powder;
Place all ingredients into HMP and mill 1 min/speed 8.
Use as directed or store in airtight jar until use.
Serve immediately with coriander, lime wedges and a dollop of yoghurt.