Gingered Five Spice Beetroot SoupMake on Drop
This will be the most vibrant coloured soup you may ever indulge in and certainly one of the tastiest. Not your average Beetroot Soup, but then, since when has Beetroot Soup ever been average? Get mixing!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 1 red onion
- 40 Grams fresh ginger
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 celery stalk including leaves
- 4-6 medium beetroot, peeled and cut in pieces (approx. 700–800g)
- 600 Grams liquid vegetable stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- Pot set yoghurt to serve Recipe
Place onion, ginger, EVOO and celery into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add beetroot and chop 7 sec/speed 7.
Add remaining ingredients except salt and yoghurt and cook 15 min/100°C/speed 2.
Puree by bringing speed up slowly 1 min/speed 8.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve with yoghurt or sour cream.