Leek and Butternut Pumpkin Soup with Miso Butter and Pink Peppercorns
Sunday lunch time. Cold and a bit dreary. Home alone. Need warming up. Have pumpkin.
This is the result. I made the Miso Butter a while ago for my doTERRA cooking class and I have to say, it will become a firm and permanent fixture in my fridge. I have used it for literally everything, from frying eggs to this recipe. If you don’t have it or cannot be bothered making it, just skip that bit, but you will then definitely need salt added.
To miso or not to miso, you will still enjoy this very simple and quick to prepare lunch. Cue the bread rolls!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 leek, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 30 Grams Miso Butter with Black Pepper Oil Recipe
- 600 Grams Butternut Pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 500 Grams liquid stock or broth of choice
- 100 Grams cream
- 80 Grams pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed BUY
- few pink peppercorns to garnish
Place leek and Miso Butter into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl and saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add pumpkin and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Add stock and cook *15 min/100°C/speed 1.
Add cream and puree 30 sec/speed 8.
Serve with toasted pepitas and pink peppercorns.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!