Who doesn't love a good tart? This is Instagram pretty, faultless in flavour and oh that pastry. I have become a bit of a pastry princess I admit. I cannot abide an average pastry base. It must be crisp, but easy to cut with a dessert fork. This one is just that, and the filing is well, tart as in tangy, for want of a better adjective.
Do yourself a flavour! LOVELY.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1/2 Batch Vanilla Bean Pastry Recipe
- 120 Grams fresh lime juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons Cornflour or Cornstarch
- 80 Grams Butter BUY
- 50 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 10 Drops doTERRA Lime oil optional BUY
- 100 Grams cold water
The Floral Meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 1 Teaspoon cream of tartar
- 180 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Drops doTERRA Oils geranium (or 1 tsp rosewater) BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Cornflour or Cornstarch
- Edible flowers to garnish
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
Make pastry, line a pie or tart dish and blind bake 15 minutes. Remove baking beads and bake further 10 minutes until golden.
To make Filling, place all filling ingredients, except water into Thermomix bowl. Cook 5 min/90°C/speed 4.
Add water through hole in the lid. Cook 5 min/90°C/speed 4.
Spread into warm cooked tart crust. Refrigerate until set.
To make meringue; Place egg whites into clean, dry Thermomix bowl with cream of tartar. Whip 4 min/37°C/Butterfly/speed 3.
Whip 6 min/37°C/Butterfly/speed 3 while you add the sugar 1 tsp at a time through hole in lid.
Add vinegar, vanilla and cornflour and whip 1 min/37°C/Butterfly/speed 3.
Pipe or dollop meringue mix onto the tart, but do not go right to the edges. Mound it up in the middle and swirl it with a spatula.
When ready to serve, use a kitchen torch and toast the meringue. Garnish with flowers and serve.