Moroccan Lentil Pumpkin Soup
If the Thermomix is good at anything...it is making soup. (check out my Souperbowl book if you don’t believe me!) I love to whip up a soup in very little time packed with flavour just like this one. Serve with or without bread, rolls, flat bread of choice. We didn’t have anything with it except I admit, I did have more than one serving. Delish!
Preserved Lemon can be purchased or you can make your own. I have yet to do a recipe...watch this space.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 large onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 chilli, OR 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- Pinch saffron (optional)
- 1 carrot, chopped in thirds
- 1 stick celery, chopped in thirds
- 200-250 Grams pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 50 Grams tomato paste
- 400g Tins tomatoes
- 200 Grams red lentils, rinsed
- 600 Grams liquid stock of choice
- Pink Salt Flakes and cracked black pepper to taste BUY
- Handfuls fresh coriander leaves
- Few sprigs parsley
- Yoghurt to serve
- Preserved lemon to serve, sliced thinly
Place onion, garlic, ginger and chilli into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Add oil and all dry spices then saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add chopped vegetables and chop 3 sec/speed 6.. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, lentils and stock and cook 35 min/100ºC/speed 1.
Add seasoning and herbs, and puree 5-6 sec/speed 9 before serving.
Serve with dollops of yoghurt and sliced preserved lemon, with extra salt and pepper to taste.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!