Queso Fresco QuesadillasMake on Drop
Me and the Mexican thing...could be a movie title. Or a cookbook title. The more Mexican food I cook, the more I realise how much I love it. There is a big book in me somewhere...just need to visit Mexico again and really get in deep! (Best excuse ever!)
This is simple, components can be made or bought. Don’t get all hung up on making it all. You’ll never do it.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 85 Grams Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Batch Fresh Ricotta Cheese or Queso Fresco Recipe
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 100 Grams field mushrooms, in pieces
- 2 spring onions/shallots, cut in pieces
- Handfuls Fresh Coriander or Italian parsley leaves
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut in pieces
- 3-4 pickled jalepenos (optional)
- 20 Grams butter
- 4 Tortillas Recipe
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) for frying BUY
- Jalapeno and Lime Aioli to serve Recipe
- Fresh lime wedges to serve
- Fresh chopped herbs to serve
Place Parmesan and garlic into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add Queso Fresco, salt and pepper and mix 1 sec/speed 6. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place mushrooms, spring onions, coriander, capsicum, jalapeños and butter into Thermomix bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 4.
Sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Preheat a large frying pan on a medium heat.
Drizzle pan generously with oil and heat.
Meanwhile, place each tortilla on a flat surface and sprinkle one half of each tortilla with half of the cheese mixture.
Divide the mushroom mixture between the tortillas, and finish off with the remaining cheese.
Fold over and press gently.
Fry each one on both sides, pressing down firmly. Cut into wedges and serve with accompaniments and a large leafy salad.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!
More Meatless Mains
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load