Raw 'Tuna' Salad MixMake on Drop
I am not a rawbie, raw foodist, or whatever we are calling them these days, but I am a big fan of meatless Mondays as well as lots of salads. My mission (and I choose to accept it at all times) is flavour favor. SO here we have a version of a ‘raw tuna’ salad filling. It is wonderful rolled in lettuce leaves, but to be honest you could use it in sandwiches, wraps of the more traditional kind if you really wanted, or just by itself with a fork. You can source the dulse flakes from my store, and they have free postage...so get dulsed. (I use them a lot...so you might as well go for it.)
Enjoy this recipe. And while I’m on the subject, don’t forget I have a vegetarian cookbook, The Convenient Vegetarian, available now. It is selling up a storm. A STORM I’m telling you...so go get yours. (No need to suffer from FOMO.)
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 200 Grams Almonds soaked overnight and drained BUY
- 1 Tablespoon Dulse Flakes dulse flakes
- 2 sticks celery, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion
- 40 Grams fresh lemon juice
- 20 Grams Shoyu
- 1 small chilli (optional)
- A few herb leaves of choice, (I used dill and Italian parsley.)
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes BUY
- 1 small iceberg lettuce
Place almonds into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Set aside.
Place all remaining ingredients into Thermomix bowl and chop 3-5 sec/speed 5 (the aim is for well combined but still chunky).
Return almonds to Thermomix bowl and mix 10 sec/Reverse/speed 2.
Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves and eat as wraps.