Slow Cooked Sweet Potato and Veggie Coconut Curry
When the nights are cold there is nothing more comforting than the fragrance of a curry cooking all day. This is such a curry. Delicious, fragrant, good for you, heart warming and meatless! You can really serve it with any starchy side, even roti would be fantastic to mop up all that amazing gravy. Of course you could also go the low carb cauliflower rice if you wish. We served it with couscous for something a little different to rice! Enjoy!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 2 red chilli halved
- 2 red onion peeled and halved
- 6 cloves garlic
- 20 Grams fresh ginger
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 Tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 capsicum/bell pepper red, diced
- 2 large sweet potato, cubed (5cm approx or larger)
- 300 Grams tomato passata
- 400 Grams coconut milk Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- pink salt flakes and pepper to taste BUY
- 50 Grams red wine vinegar
- 250 Grams shredded red cabbage
- Steamed couscous or rice to serve
- fresh coriander or cilantro to serve
Place the chillies, onion, garlic, ginger and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 9. Add dry spices.
Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Place capsicum and sweet potato into the slow cooker and top with sauteed aromatics mixture.
Place passata, coconut milk, peanut butter, sugar, seasoning and vinegar into the unwashed Thermomix bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 6. Pour over the veggies in the slow cooker. Cook 3 hours on high. Add the cabbage to the top of the curry and cook until cabbage is just softened.
Serve with either steamed rice or couscous and fresh coriander leaves to taste.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!