We finally had a cool day! And some rain…lots of it actually…so of course my culinary thoughts turned to soup! I had chorizo in my fridge (a stock standard staple at mine…love redundant alliteration as well) and so this was a natural progression. The marriage with steamed cabbage was also fuelled by what was already in my fridge, and so YUMMOLA, we had dinner. In minutes. Can’t be unhappy with that….no matter how rainy it is outside!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control will get your pantry and fridge in order this February! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 2 spanish chorizo sausages (as opposed to Mexican!!)
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red paprika, deseeded (or red capsicum)
- 700 Grams water
- 2 Tablespoons chicken stock powder (For Foods Sake recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon Umami Paste Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon ground paprika
- 500 Grams potatoes, peeled and cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 small cabbage, cut into thin wedges (enough for your family, don’t go overboard!)
- 400 Gram Tins Chick Peas or soaked and cooked equivalent
Place chorizo, onion, garlic and paprika into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add all remaining ingredients other than cabbage and chick peas.
Place cabbage into Varoma dish and set into position. Cook 15 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed 1. Set Varoma aside.
Add chick peas to Thermomix bowl and cook 2 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed 1.
Place wedges of cabbage into large soup bowls and ladle soup over. Sprinkle with chopped coriander, parsley or both.
Serve. Don’t burn yourself…in your haste to get it down you….really…yummmmm!