Broccoli and Bean Salad with Mint
I love a good salad. And one that is portable is even better especially during the summer months. This one is really delish, really easy, and will jar up perfectly and can stay in the fridge for up to 3 days just as is, and still be fresh and minty when you come to eat it. No need to get food while you are out, pack the esky, you are off and about kids!! Happy Summer holidays!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- ½ Batches Creamy Pesto Salad Dressing (pg 78 Portable Lunches ebook)
- A few kale leaves, stripped from stalks
- 1-2 heads broccoli, cut into small florets
- 150 Grams green beans, topped and tailed
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 500 Grams water for steaming
- Ice bath (Lots of water with lots of ice)
- 3 spring onions, sliced on the angle
- 1 avocado, diced
- Generous handful mint leaves
Prepare salad dressing and set aside.
Leave a little of the dressing in the Thermomix bowl and add the kale leaves.
Chop 3 sec/speed 5. Remove from bowl and place into a large serving bowl.
Place broccoli and beans into Varoma dish.
Place whole eggs into simmering basket.
Insert simmering basket into Thermomix bowl and pour water over. Set Varoma into position.
Steam 15-16 min/Varoma/speed 4. (Times may vary depending on size of eggs.)
Tip vegetables and eggs straight into the ice bath to cool and stop cooking.
Peel eggs and drain vegetables.
Toss all ingredients with the chopped kale and remaining dressing and allow to marinate for a couple of hours prior to serving.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!