I am on a bit of a spicy kick at the moment, so luck would have it (for you!) I think it is because I am really missing travelling and so to fill the foodie gap, we have been experimenting with all sorts of dishes, packed with absolutely tons of flavour, such as this one.
I think even if you don't like Brussels sprouts, you may like this one, so don't be shy, get steaming!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 600 Grams water for steaming
- 400 Grams brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 10 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Chinkiang (Chinese black vinegar)
- 2 Tablespoons shaoxing jiu (Chinese rice wine)
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
Place water into the Thermomix bowl
Place prepared brussel sprouts into the Varoma dish and tray. Steam 15 min/Varoma/speed 2. Discard water and set aside.
Place garlic and ginger into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 4 sec/speed 6.
Place soy sauce, chinkiang, shaoxing, sugar, chilli flakes and salt in a small bowl and stir to combine.
Heat a wok over medium-high heat, add EVOO and fry garlic and ginger until just starting to brown. Add sauce and stir. Add brussel sprouts and stir to coat. Stir fry for 5 minutes, then add sesame oil and spring onions. Stir to combine. Serve with additional chilli flakes and spring onions with or without rice.